I. Introduction to School of Management
The School of Management (SOM) at AIT is Asia’s pioneer institution for management development programs in International Business and management of technology. The school was established in October 1987 to meet the growing need for managerial expertise in the Asia – Pacific region. To meet the growing demand for international training of experienced executive managers in International Business and Management of Technology, the International Executive MBA Program in Bangkok was started in 1997. In August 2000, this program was extended for middle and senior level managers in Vietnam through a joint effort with AITVN, Hanoi. In August 2004, the first IEMBA class opened in Ho Chi Minh City. The IEMBA Program has also been opened the first intake in Dong Nai in September 2007 and in Vung Tau November 2008.
Total number of alumni and participants of the IEMBA Program in Vietnam is more than 1,000, many of whom have been holding key positions at top management level in both private and public sector.
II. The Program of Study
The EMBA program is conducted in English and can be completed in 16 months. The 13th and 17th entry of EMBA program in HCMC and in Hanoi with the specialization on Management of Technology, International Business and Human Resource development will be launched in August 2016 and can be finished at the end of Dec. 2017. The 8th entry of EMBA program in Vung Tau and Dong Nai province will also be launched in Oct. 2016 respectively. For the convenience of working executives, the classes are conducted intensively 1 week in every month at AITVN (in Hanoi, HCMC, Vung tau and Dong Nai) Monday – Friday evenings (3 hours each) and two Saturdays and Sunday. Actual in-class coursework will require some 14-15 weeks, apart from in-company project work and case studies.
Participants can either take the whole program to get the MBA degree or take only 4 courses (3 in-class courses and one case research) to get the Certificate of BA or take 8 courses (6 in-class courses and 2 case researches) to get the Diploma in BA.
Actual in-class coursework will take 14-15 weeks including 3-4 weeks of residency at AIT in Bangkok dividing into 2 trips. The participants will take 1 required course during the first trip to Bangkok. The last trip will be held in December 2017 when the participants defend their thesis and receive Master Degree at AIT campus. These trips will give participants an opportunity to become familiar with business environment outside Vietnam and join with EMBA participants at AIT
III. The Program Structure
The EMBA students will have to complete 48-credit requirements for graduation that consists of
- 8 required courses of 3 credits each, with the focus on Financial & Management Accounting, Cross Cultural Management, Technology Management, Technology Transfer, Project Management, Marketing, Innovation, and Strategic Management.
- 14 credits of elective courses that the students may choose from a variety of subjects like Business Communication, Organization Behavior and Structure, Human Resource Management, Management of Change, Marketing Research, Service Marketing and Management, International Business, Total Quality Management, Asian Business Environment, Management of Information Systems, Business Simulation, Decision and Negotiation Analysis, etc.
- 1 required Case Research Practicum of 4 credits on the case writing methodology, and
- 1 required EMBA Project of 6 credits which is expected to be a comprehensive problem solving case study on the students’ own organizations. The students will make the final presentation of their findings and submit the final report to a faculty committee for evaluation.
IV. Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the International Executive MBA Program, the applicant should:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of study from an institution of recognized standing;
- Have above average grades at the undergraduate level;
- Possess an acceptable level of English proficiency: TOEFL 500, IELTS 4.5, or pass the Entry Test of AIT; and
- Have a minimum of four years relevant work experience with at least two years at the management or senior professional level.
To apply for admission, an applicant must submit:
- A completed application form for admission including two letters of recommendation
- Graduate certificate (in English);
- An attested, detailed official transcript written in English; and
- A certificate of English proficiency
- A Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 2 pages)
- A one page statement of objective for joining the program
- 4 recent 4 x 6 photographs
The selection to the program will be based on several criteria such as experience, accomplishments and level of responsibility of the applicant. In each group admitted, the School will seek a balanced mix of industries and specialist experience. The selection procedure emphasizes a dialogue with each applicant. The selected applicants will be informed of admission in July of the year.
VI. Fee and Other Expenses
Please contact our office for further information
VII. Enrolment schedule
For Hanoi and HCMC
Application deadline: 15 June 2016
Interviews: From 1st May - 15 September 2016
Confirmation of Admission: 20 September 2016
Orientation and Start of Classes: 23 September 2016
For Vung Tau
Application deadline: 30 Sep 2016 (latest date)
Interviews: From Apr - Sep 2016
Confirmation of Admission: 30 Sep 2016
Orientation and Start of Classes: 23 October 2016
Hochiminh City & Dong Nai
Dr. Pham Thi Kim Ngoc/ Ms. Dang My Thanh
AITVN, Building B3, Uni. of Transport & Communication
Tel: 04 - 37669450/54/93/95 Fax: 04 - 37669492
Ms. Huynh Thi Nguyet Anh / Ms. Ngoc Thao
AITVN, FCC Building, 6th Fl., 45 Dinh Tien Hoang St., Ben Nghe Ward, Dist.1, HCMC.
Tel: 08 - 39107423(ext:111/114) Fax:08-39107422
Mr. Dang Ngoc Anh
Petro Vietnam Manpower Training College
Tel: 84 064 3838157 Fax: 84 064 3838452
For further information, Please kindly contact our program Officer