Overseas training cum study tour in Vietnam for Sri Lanka delegates on Coastal Ecosystem Management
The training cum study tour was implemented with the cooperation between AIT Extension and staffs from Asian Institute of Technology in Vietnam. This study tour was aimed to introduce and provide knowledge on coastal management applied in Vietnam, and some livelihood models which are popular in coastal community.
Participants are directors and deputy director in coastal management section in Sri Lanka, whom keen on learning differences and similarities between Vietnam and Sri Lanka in order to improve their management.
From December 4th to 13th 2016, Sri Lanka participants as well as staffs from AIT Extension and AITVN have had technical training sections in both Ho Chi Minh and Ha Noi, then visited several fields such as Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve, Xuan Thuy National Park, and Ha Long Bay. These places are the key regions which are focused by government to improve conditions of the ecosystems and the life quality of coastal communities.
Not only learning from fields, they also discussed on Vietnamese experiences and case studies on coastal protection, ecosystem restoration and management, erosion management, and the connection between fisheries and aquaculture in Vietnam with experts and professors in Vietnam for an overview.
The photos below shows their useful time spent in Vietnam in the study tour:
|Visit mushroom model in Xuan Thuy National Park||Visit salt field in Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve|
|Visit pond models for marine life in Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve||In-class technical session|
Delegation of the training cum study tour from Sri Lanka with staffs of AIT Extension and AITVN
For more information about this program, please contact:
Dr. Ngo Tho Hung
Head of Environment and Development Section (EDS)
Asian Institute of Technology Center in Vietnam (AITVN)
B3 Building, University of Transport and Communications,
Lang Thuong, Dong Da, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: +84 4 3766 9493 Ext: 114 Fax: +84 4 3766 9492
Mobile: +84 913 58 68 86 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completion of a training cum study tour course on “Community-based disaster risk reduction in changing climate” in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Beijing
- Completion of a training program on “Basic concepts on Integrated Water Resource Management” from 24-26/9 and 04-06/10/2016, in Ho Chi Minh City and Nam Dinh province
- Completion of the training program on “Value chain development and market linkage” on 24-26/8 and 07-09/9/2016 in Tuyen Quang City.
- Completion of a 3-day-training on “Consulting skills” in Tra Vinh City
- Completion of the two 2-day training courses on “Public Consultation Skills”
- Completion of the consultancy assignment on “Public sector capacity assessment in development of SMEs in Tra Vinh province”
- SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (2015 - 2018) ON THE AIT VIETNAM’S 25TH ANNIVERSARY
- The training course on "Interpreting skills for interpreters" from 19th to 23rd December 23, 2016 at the AIT-VN office has been conducted successfully.