International Best Practices in Public Private Partnerships in technology Development: Relevance to Vietnam
On the 20th December 2016, Dr. Fredric William Swierczek – Director of Asian Institute of Technology in Vietnam (AITVN) participated in the workshop “Promoting the commercialization and investment cooperation to develop technology in Vietnam and APEC's members market” at Phu Quoc Island, Kien Giang Province, Vietnam. He presented to the participants about the International Best Practices in Public Private Partnerships (PPP)in technology Development: Relevance to Vietnam.
During the workshop he shared how to motivate the Private Sector to join more effectively in technology development with the Puplic Sector. Then he pointed out the types of partnerships in this sector such as University – Industry, Multiple partnerships – Consortia etc. More important he has analized the various objectives of PPP and the implementation of PPP in technology development, so that the participants understood how these factors can improve innovation in Vietnam,. To illustrate of this, Dr. Fredric has showed several examples from Singapore, Malayasia and Japan.In order to increase the Puplic Private Partnership (PPP) in Vietnam in technology development, He suggests the emphasis should have market pull, clear objectives and need to be properly designed. Furthermore, The PPP should have more approach from the private sector in project and management, sustainable financial management, operating flexibility and strong contractual basis including intelectual property production and income from licensing.
- Completion of a training cum study tour course on “Community-based disaster risk reduction in changing climate” in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Beijing
- Completion of a training program on “Basic concepts on Integrated Water Resource Management” from 24-26/9 and 04-06/10/2016, in Ho Chi Minh City and Nam Dinh province
- Completion of the training program on “Value chain development and market linkage” on 24-26/8 and 07-09/9/2016 in Tuyen Quang City.
- Completion of a 3-day-training on “Consulting skills” in Tra Vinh City
- Completion of the two 2-day training courses on “Public Consultation Skills”
- Completion of the consultancy assignment on “Public sector capacity assessment in development of SMEs in Tra Vinh province”
- SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (2015 - 2018) ON THE AIT VIETNAM’S 25TH ANNIVERSARY
- The training course on "Interpreting skills for interpreters" from 19th to 23rd December 23, 2016 at the AIT-VN office has been conducted successfully.